• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] Petition to release kernel source!

Snake X

Android Expert
Aug 20, 2011
As we may or may not know, zte has been sloppy about their work with the kernel source.. WE NEED A WORKING SOURCE!

If you feel the same about this, I will not ask you to 'Thank' this post (you can if you want), but to reply with it simply saying 'I agree'

Having a custom kernel is wonderful when it comes to android, it is the foundation of many great options brought to us by talented people such as hroark and others. Without it, our rom options are limited and so is other great features that can be brought out of it.

After.. say 15 followers to this thread is established, me and sebastion (because I don't think I can get the wording quite right on what should be said) will write ZTE a nice juicy letter saying that we demand the release of the kernel source code and its importance followed by a link to this thread as proof of how strongly the community feels towards the virtually limitless possibilities that can only be made through a custom kernel

Thank you for your support :) and together we will get a full release if this happens, I'll do my best to make sure that happens

***EDIT(S)***

Petition count: 70 users and counting :)

It may seem no longer necessary for this if Hroark13 and Shinru2004 (Props to them!) releases a fully working kernel.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones