• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Boost won't refund money or send phone

I bought a phone from Boost up September 25th 2019 for 217,00 dollars, paid off early on payments . Dealt with support, customer service, every week since April, they will not and have not sent me my phone, And absolutely will not return my money. It's now been one year and I need help with where or what to do next.
Thank you very much

Boost Mobile sends the device to the address listed on the actual account... If you moved away at any time and never updated said addresses, it got sent to an older address instead of new one, and you're still gonna get billed (unfortunately). I had a similar issue last year and had to have someone bring me my phone from old mailing address when it arrived

Upvote 0
First, why on Earth would you keep making payments on a device that you never received?

Second, I don't know about your device, but mine from a carrier have always had a one year warranty.
At this point, depending on whether the carrier goes by date of purchase or date of receipt, your warranty could be expired.

This means that any service to the device may entirely be your responsibility.

Third- are you still with Boost?
Are you using an old device hat you were trying to replace, and keeping the same service- or were you trying to become a new customer of Boost?

Fourth- like others have said, I am also not a lawyer, but I do know that time is of the essence, and as it has been over a year this is not in your favor.

Neither is the fact that you continued making payments for a device that you never received- all the way up to the point of paying it off early.

I imagine that in a court case this would be one of the first things brought up.

In this day and age, when such a device is shipped, there are many times of tracking its travels.
These are often sent to the customer multiple times via e-mail or other means.

You may find a leg to stand on (albeit a wobbly one, at this point) if you can track down any e-mails showing if and when the device was shipped, and its travels on its way to get to you.

You can also look online to see if others have experienced similar or the same circumstances.
Perhaps they have organized, or you could organize them.
A public 'stinkball' could be rolled out to the proverbial front door of Boost may help you and others in the same boat.

At the very least, misery loves company.

Anyway, also keep in mind that this device is now already a year old. That means that it will most likely be outdated or close to it if/when you get it.
Also in with that is the very real fact that even if it has never been used, the battery is also already a year old. The lifespan of these batteries is something like 2-3 years normally, so even if you do get the device new in the box the battery has already taken a hit just with age.
Unfortunately, these batteries get worn out even if they are not being used, it is just something with the chemistry involved.

Good luck, provide as much info as you can, and keep us posted!

Upvote 0
I bought a phone from Boost up September 25th 2019 for 217,00 dollars, paid off early on payments . Dealt with support, customer service, every week since April, they will not and have not sent me my phone, And absolutely will not return my money. It's now been one year and I need help with where or what to do next.
Thank you very much
I bought the phone on the Boost up program on payments and I paid it off early a"it was supposed to be a 1-year payment plan and a debt and at the end when it was paid they would send the phone I paid it off early which was in March" that point they were supposed to send my new phone. They admitted it says on their files that there was $217 paid, then they say that the phone was sent out to my address. Which to say, it was not because I would have received it. Then they say that the phone was returned 2 boost Warehouse. but they never gave us a tracking number the very first time they said they sent it out so that was bullshit. it is very difficult at best to get ahold of a live person there and when you do they give you the runaround tell him we want the phone, they put me on a 3-day wait to see what's going on on their end, when they got the phone and they got the money

Upvote 0
Was this like an advance monthly purchase plan for next year's phone with a final top up sum payable, that you were not due to receive until around this time but you paid off early. Was the device model already decided then.
(my first Android in 2012 had an unusual plan)

Can you ask them for the IMEI of what they sent you, that should be on dispatch emails along with tracking as has been said, though I see you say they didn't give any. I think they have to provide the IMEI of what they claim is now yours.

Can you find all the emails

Get them to block the IMEI of your phone. They can unblock it later.

Upvote 0
Never mind. I think this is it, or what the plan is now. Were you due to receive it immediately or at a certain point. see screenshot
What model was it?

https://www.boostmobile.com/boost-up-phone-financing.html?intnav=BotNav:Shop:BoostUP

Screenshot_20200925-122405.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
I'm starting to get with reality now :p

As it stands they now admit its back at a warehouse and you should have received it after March when you fulfilled the payment, but they can't prove they ever sent it as you received no tracking information. They agree you paid them.

From here.....?
When was the last correspondence?

March to September is 6 months overdue.
Maybe they don't have the model.

Demand something else newer/better, or seek legal aid or consumer advice. It sounds like no one is literally at work in Boost.

I wouldn't accept assurances over the phone. Send them an email with a demand and a time limit and get them to respond.

Covid enhanced incompetence perhaps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones