• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bootlooping logo and restarting galaxy a50

a500000

Lurker
Feb 6, 2022
Hi my device is galaxy a50 vanilla (ignore the a50s image I couldn't find it) and I used adbappcontroll and uninstalled some system apps now I'm enjoying my time looking at Samsung logo

I have usb debugging enabled but it is not set to always remember this device aaaaaaand i don't have bootloader unlocked and my phone is not rooted either

my device is sm-a505f/ds and it was updated to the latest software and I'm looking for a way to either
a) ideally use the phone normally

or b) backing up as much data as possible

system / mount seems to have no effect and update from adb can only sideload (idk much about last one)

Last edited:
This is why you have to be very careful on what you do to system apps, especially when the phone is not rooted.

I agree with @Hadron ...... you need to flash a firmware update. Just be sure you flash the correct one as the firmware updates are very device specific.

Instructions on how to flash the firmware will be provided by sammobile.

Upvote 0
Does reflashing wipes all data?
AdbAppControl doesn't actually uninstall the system apps completely, it just uninstalls them for the system userspace(you), but they remain installed in the root space.

It achieves this with the following command...
Bash:
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 PACKAGE_NAME_HERE

A factory reset/data wipe restores apps uninstalled with the method above.

If you still have access to ADB(some do in a bootloop), you can run the following commands to factory reset from the stock recovery.
Check if device is still available to adb...
Bash:
adb devices
If device available to adb, then boot into stock recovery to factory reset...
Bash:
adb reboot recovery

By the way, you don't need an app to uninstall system apps. You can do it yourself as follows.
List all apps on device...
Bash:
adb shell pm list packages -f
Remove app package obtained from previous command...
Bash:
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 PACKAGE_NAME_HERE

Just use caution as you've already learned.

If you do not have access to ADB, then you will have to reinstall the stock firmware as Hadron mentioned in his post. Sometimes data is wiped with this method and sometimes not(At least that's how it was on LG).

Upvote 0
Does reflashing wipes all data?
it depends. as long as you flash the current firmware that the phone is on, then you should be fine. if you flash an updated firmware(provided that there is one), then you most likely will have data wiped. this is what i gathered from reading on the net......not sure how true it is.

Reactions: GameTheory
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones