• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Bought new tablet, experiencing constant crashes

stgeorge

Lurker
Jan 10, 2014
Hi.
Few days ago I finally got my Vido (Yuandao in China) N90 FHDRK tablet. I order it from tomtop.com.
The very moment I turned it on, a problem started - I was experiencing a occasional crashes of Android browser - when I try to load any internet page, the browser simply crashes and returns to Android desktop. This happens once in a 3 minutes or less. Tried installing the Dolphin browser - the same crashes appeared. Few times, it did not even return to desktop but to the logo loading screen - like it was restarted.

Then I installed a new firmware (this one: "N90_E5_9B_9B_E6_A0_B8FHDRK-4.2-20130820-ZZ-_E5_9B_BA_E4_BB_B6_E8_B7_9F_E5_88_B7_E6_9C_BA_E5_B 7_A5_E5_85%B7") from official Yuandao website. After that a significant working speed appeared, but the crashes did not disappear.
I even tried with Chrome browser - the same, crashes again.

Then I did a "wipe data/factory reset". Again, did not help, the crashes appear again.

When I was buying it, I knew it wasn't the quality of an iPad. Still I hoped I could be using it for at least reading the websites. But I can't.
Is this some problem with defective RAM memory? When I got the package, there were no signs of any external damage.

Thank you.

Hell Stgeorge welcome to Android Forums. :)

You're right about it not being the quality of an iPad, quite the opposite in fact. Sounds very much like it's defective, most likely due to poor quality and lack of testing. Only thing you can do is RMA it for replacement or refund, a refund is preferable.

Have a read of this thread, it's all about devices like the Yuandao..
http://androidforums.com/android-lounge/631594-off-brand-phones-tablets-worth-low-cost.html

You might want to look at getting a Samsung or a Google Nexus tablet.

Upvote 0
You could always buy a budget tablet from say Walmart, or other reputable seller. It still won't be the quality or support of a more expensive brand name device, but at least there's a full warranty with them against defective workmanship and poor quality. Which is something you don't get when buying directly from China. That's something I tend to avoid myself with Android devices, and I'm in China... :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones