• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Browser display problem, double windows????

Hi all! I'm running an R99 Android 6.0.1 TV box, and in all browsers (Chrome and Chrome Beta) I am getting a double window where the top of the address bar is overlaying what appears to be a "second" window beneath it, which has the browser tabs on it. About half of the tab is covered so you can only see about half of the tab vertically. You can't see the X to close the tab or the + to add a new tab. This is extremely hard to manage with an air mouse pointer. You can very carefully aim and close tabs by hitting where the spot should be at. However there does not appear to be any way to close this overlaid "double window". I use Chrome and Chrome Beta regularly on my phone and have never seen this before. All other apps display normally with no double windowing or cutting off, so it looks like my device display settings are OK. What might be the problem?

Hi all! I'm running an R99 Android 6.0.1 TV box, and in all browsers (Chrome and Chrome Beta) I am getting a double window where the top of the address bar is overlaying what appears to be a "second" window beneath it, which has the browser tabs on it. About half of the tab is covered so you can only see about half of the tab vertically. You can't see the X to close the tab or the + to add a new tab. This is extremely hard to manage with an air mouse pointer. You can very carefully aim and close tabs by hitting where the spot should be at. However there does not appear to be any way to close this overlaid "double window". I use Chrome and Chrome Beta regularly on my phone and have never seen this before. All other apps display normally with no double windowing or cutting off, so it looks like my device display settings are OK. What might be the problem?

That is how the main OS for all my android phones are, just relax and clear the cookies :) Nothing of a huge issue.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones