• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Call Blocker App for Nexus 5

la sal

Android Expert
Feb 19, 2011
Waukesha, WI
I have numbers that I do not want to ring my phone sent directly to voicemail. The issue arises in those that decide to leave a voicemail message.

I want to block the call, not just send it to voicemail.

I tried the app Mr. Number and it sends the blocked number directly to voicemail. Any Nexus 5 users have an app that actually works of this phone?

Advanced Call Blocker will do what you want.

Curious...what do you mean by only Sprint "integrates your number"? Certainly T-Mobile, AT&T or most any other carrier can do anything Sprint can do.

Correct, but only if he is using GV for his voicemail service, if not it will not work if he is using the carrier voicemail service.

Upvote 0

Curious...what do you mean by only Sprint "integrates your number"? Certainly T-Mobile, AT&T or most any other carrier can do anything Sprint can do.
Sprint allows you to use integrates your phone number into Google Voice (you get to keep the same number). Other carriers would require terminating your service with them to keep the same number...from what I have read.

I was reading the reviews from Advanced Call Blocker (paid app) and there are a lot of recent one star reviews. I have a feeling I would pay for the app and it would still forward calls to voicemail. Then the developer would not be responsive to an email. Of the the apps that I have tried with the Nexus 5, all of them forwarded to voicemail and did not block the call.

Sprint allows you to keep your current number (integrate it) in Google Voice. With other carriers, you get a different number for Google Voice. If you want the same number, you have to terminate the service with your carrier (from what I have read). If I have old info or read wrong, my ears are open. http://www.google.com/googlevoice/sprint/

Upvote 0
Advanced Call Blocker will block calls, not send them to voicemail (unless you choose to). I've done it for years. Very nice app and does not require root like most other call blockers. Worked on N4, N5, with KK 4.4.4 and now with N4, N5 with L 5.0.

Google Voice will work with T-Mobile as you describe. I can't say for sure regarding other carriers as I haven't used them, but I have to think it's likely.

Last edited:
Reactions: la sal
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones