• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Camera Shutter Open Time

Duckster

Android Enthusiast
Jul 20, 2010
I saw a similarly titled thread but it wasn't what I was looking for. I'm looking for a way to take a picture (without root...just using the stock camera on the SGN3) and have the shutter time adjusted so that I can take awesome night sky pictures. Last night the Northern Lights were really dancing, and a friend of mind had a windows phone and he was able to get the incredible shots. I tried it with mine but they were all blank. I tried as many different settings as I could, but the shots never came out because the shutter speed was too high. My friend just adjusted his to leave the shutter open on his Windows phone and it was really cool! Is there a way for us to be able to do this without root?

Merry Christmas everyone!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones