• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

can anyone tell me

nomad28

Lurker
Jan 20, 2010
Can anyone tell me exactly what this means:

JBoss ESB with various updates, component upgrades, and bug fixes JBoss jBPM jPDL
JBoss Rules (Drools)
JBoss Enterprise Application Platform with various updates, component upgrades, and bug fixes

You see I was wondering about what they meant when they said various updates, I mean there's no point in saying these are the components, if they don't actually tell you what the components are right?

So that is why I'm asking, I mean I am trying to figure out what middleware actually is, and what sort of programs it would actually consist of, I mean what do they mean by Turn-Key based solution, or the other one???, as I don't know I just have to ask, but when I googled my question, it still didn't tell me about the components of a middleware solution, there are so many middleware programs out there, but none of them that I have seen or looked at have provided me with an actual description of the components.

Take ObjectWeb for example, they provide GASP, GASPBT, MOODs, Enhydra, Octopus, Tribe, etc, but well I guess they expect the people who go looking to actually know what they want, as for me I get lost with the number of applications and programs, adn can't choose 1 from the other, I am really only curious, because I am wondering if a Distributed OS would actually do the same Job as the middleware that is being presented.

But as there is nothing on the web that actually explains what components are required besides the ones that I know about, like the WebServer, and ApplicationServer, then I can't tell.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones