• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Canada Galaxy Nexus Thread (Updated - 12/06/11) - December 7th Early Sale

likebutta

Oct 18, 2011
Current Info (all info listed here related specifically to Canada)

Release Date:

December 8th, 2011 - Bell & Virgin *** Update: Chance to get it Dec 7th. Read below under Where to buy

Other carriers tentatively "Early 2012"

Rogers in January 2012 (source: Rogers via mobilesyrup | thanks jamor )

Official Carriers: Bell Mobility, Virgin Mobile

Pricing/Where to buy:

Bell - No-term: $649.95 *** (Needs verification; apparently showed no-term earlier but no longer does, just 3-year)
1-year: $624.95 (*** as above)
2-year: $599.95 (*** as above)
3-year: $159.95

Virgin - 30-day: $649.99+$50.00 (**$50 minimum extra for a 30-day plan)
SuperTab/3-year contract: $159.99

Best Buy - Toronto - Bay/Dundas Location - December 7th

This Best Buy location will be selling the Galaxy Nexus 1 day earlier and will be offering 50% off all related accessories. No word on how much stock they have - rather - how much they are going to release that day. Starts are 1pm.

I'd say there is a high chance that contract signage will be in enforcement and/or in case of Virgin, you'll need to get the minimum required plan for 30 days. If it happens to be otherwise, feel free to post a reply to the thread stating the case.

Update: The Yonge/Dundas Virgin/Bell stores will also be participating in this sale

Futureshop - Availability on December 7th, as per the early sale details above. 1pm, Yonge/Dundas epicenter.

WirelessWave - Availability on December 7th, as per the early sale details above. 1pm, Eaton Centre location

Expansys.ca - **UK Stock** - Samsung Galaxy Nexus I9520 - 16GB - $809.99

also thnx for posting, would also appreciate any info on where to get this device
heres hoping it comes to Rogers as im due for an upgrade and have been waiting for this phone :/

Galaxy Nexus available in Canada this November, according to Google's Andy Rubin | MobileSyrup.com

some confirmation that it is coming to canada in november, just unknown what carrier yet

Thats the million dollar question is who of the big 3 end up with it. I have a feeling it will be Rogers since both Bell and Telus have the SGS2 and Rogers currently doesn't. If Telus doesn't get it I guess I will be defaulting to the Iphone since Telus' SGS2 blows.

Upvote 0
if rogers doesnt get it i would have to hup to a diff phone and then try to sell it and buy the galaxy nexus outright, as i realllllllly want this phone, lol

heres hopin it comes to Rogers, especially LTE version given theyre large LTE network roll out recently!

I doubt the LTE version will be released if it does go to Rogers, look at the specs for the RAZR, its NOT LTE...very very weak Rogers, they've been promising an LTE phone for awhile...nothing yet

Upvote 0
I fear that Rogers won't be getting the Nexus since they have the RAZR and S II LTE already up for preorder. I might have to do the same as BABUkb2.

I have my S2 LTE preordered and havent gotten any updates. A lot of us are fearing that rogers will dump the S2 since they just got the RAZR.

Either way I need a new phone badly so i'm going with whatever comes to rogers first. Either the S2 or the Nexus

shape the fck up, Rogers

Upvote 0
I have my S2 LTE preordered and havent gotten any updates. A lot of us are fearing that rogers will dump the S2 since they just got the RAZR.

Either way I need a new phone badly so i'm going with whatever comes to rogers first. Either the S2 or the Nexus

shape the fck up, Rogers

Agree you with you 100% that they might drop the GS2LTE...it doesn't make sense for them to launch three superphones at the same time:mad::mad::mad:

I have a strange feeling that the RAZR is all we will be getting for awhile (yes, i have zero faith in Rogers)

Upvote 0
Bands = network? Like HSPA+?

By the way to the poster who said he has 0 faith in Rogers, thats how I feel with Telus :eek:

lol and yes bands being the frequency the network runs on

i think its fair to say whichever carrier you are with you probably have 0 faith in them :rolleyes:

given i am with rogers, i clearly want them to get it first and hope they do

speaking technically...i dunno, they didnt get the S2(which i originally wanted b4 learning about galaxy nexus), then supposed to get the S2 LTE....takin quite a while even though they released they're LTE network alrdy....*side note*how do you roll out a new LTE network and heavily advertise it but yet have no phones to run on it??(who cares about the rocket stik or upcoming tablet) :thinking:...now they got the whole razr thing going on, sumhow i feel their plate is full with current things and they wont go with galaxy nexus as early as november, but then again they did have all previous nexus devices......so to summarize im just confused :thinking:and hopin for the best

if all else fails who would like to buy my next rogers device so i can get me a galaxy nexus???

Upvote 0
Telus advertised their hspa+ for months with how fast it is etc. but even now no phone can get anywhere near the 42mbps they always advertise and its been over a year now.

I think there is 0 faith since the carriers tell you all this good stiff then they stab you in the heart and say 'suckers pay me for all of lies to you'.

I see a topic saying its coming out on all 7 US carriers so maybe Canada will follow suit and all carriers will get it so we don't all kill each other in the usual fustration.

Upvote 0
I'm hoping Fido gets it, but unfortunately they don't get any high end phones (shocked when they got the Nexus S). I'll probably have to just buy it outright which I obviously would rather not do.

I'm not an expert on the bands but the hspa version should run fine on fido/rogers as well as telus and bell, right?

I'm on the same boat. And yes, the hspa version will work with all our carriers here.

Upvote 0
Would the lte version work as well? Aren't some carriers making the move to lte in the coming months?

Rogers just started shipping out some LTE phones
Rogers starts shipping Samsung Galaxy S II LTE devices to customers | MobileSyrup.com

and they are the first ones to launch an LTE capable mobile phone in Canada (to my knowledge)

Bell has already launched their LTE network and Telus is said to be close behind...

As to whether the Nexus comes as LTE here in canada, my guess would be on the provider (Bell and Telus launched SG 2 for HSPA+... and Rogers launched GS2 LTE)....what this means for the nexus is anyone's guess

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones