• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help cannot boot into recovery when phone is powered down or via Rom Manager.

Go into ROM Manager.

Scroll to the bottom, select Flash alternate recovery. Make sure it does not error out with any kind of error, you should see the following:

ROM Manager 1.jpg

Then scroll back up to the top and select Flash Clockwork Recovery. When it asks you to select phone, press Motorola CDMA:

ROM Manager 2.jpg

Finally, you should again see that same confirmation box:

ROM Manager 3.jpg

If you see anything else other than these three boxes when performing these steps in this order, report back.

Reactions: teddyearp
Upvote 0
I'm having this problem on a CLN replacement Droid I just received a few days ago. I'm running rooted stock 2.2.1 & SetCPU @ 800 (stock kernel).

ROM Manager Premium reports that CW Recovery is successfully flashed, but I'm unable to boot into CW recovery via ROM Manager or manually. Tried the flash SP Recovery, then flash back to CW recovery trick - no dice. I am able to flash SP recovery, and then manually boot into SPR.

Any suggestions?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones