• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Cannot open Google Play Store

rabidhunter

Android Expert
Jan 23, 2012
Illinois
One of my co-workers brought her DROID Maxx to me with some issues. It won't open Google Play Store. I tried a restart, it brought up the Unfortunately, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped.

I tried deleting the data on Play Store Services and Play Store. The app opens but then automatically closes.

Please assist, thank you.

One of my co-workers brought her DROID Maxx to me with some issues. It won't open Google Play Store. I tried a restart, it brought up the Unfortunately, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped.

I tried deleting the data on Play Store Services and Play Store. The app opens but then automatically closes.

Please assist, thank you.

Two things to try:

From home. Settings->apps. Slide to all. Look for "Download Manager". Disable the app. Go back to the list of all apps, scroll down to the bottom (where disabled apps are) and then enable it again. Restart the phone.

If that doesn't help, settings->apps. Slide to All. Look for "Google Play Store". Tap the button "Uninstall updates". See if you can restart the Play Store app.

Reactions: rabidhunter
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones