• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Case and/or screen protector reccomendations?

Cam501

Feb 18, 2011
I'm fairly hard on phones (I've dropped every phone I've had multiple times) and am looking for case/screen protector recommendations for the S6. I've been using a Sedio Active on my old Droid DNA w/o a screen protector and it wasn't enough. I dropped it with impact on the top of the phone (near the headphone jack)where there was only silicone and not the hard shell and badly cracked the screen. I'm leary of the Otterbox Defender because the screen protector on the one for the DNA had a mushy feel and made usage difficult....any good cases for someone with butterfingers that would work with a Zagg or similar tempered glass protector?

You may want to consider inskin.ca as a glass screen protector. Less expensive than Zagg Invisible Shield and just as good. Probably even fits better. You will see the halo effect. I think it's due to the natural micro curvature of the screen edges (Samsung design).
As far as case, Spigen series are always good. Neo Hybrid Metal is the one I go with.

Upvote 0
I purchased a glass screen protector, but the screen coverage does not go from edge to edge on all 4 sides. There is a gap between the edge of the protector and the edge of the phone. Has anyone found a glass screen protector that provides edge to edge coverage?

Attachments

• P1040267.JPG
    P1040267.JPG
    159.2 KB · Views: 159
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones