• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Case/Cover that works with grip sensor?

mayen

Lurker
Dec 11, 2010
When I bought my Continuum, I also purchased a case/cover (not sure of the difference, sorry) to prevent scratches and fingerprints on the back and side of the phone. The case/cover was labeled for Samsung Contiuum and Galaxy S. However, I cannot use the grip censor with this case/cover! It's very frustrating.

I took the case/cover off to make sure that it wasn't the phone itself having issues. Without the case/cover, the grip sensor works 100% fine.

Do any Continuum owners have a case that works with the grip sensor? I'd really like to get something that protects my phone without sacrificing a great feature. Thanks.

PS: This is the cover I have. http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/...ryDetails&archetypeId=12445&accessoryId=46546

When I bought my Continuum, I also purchased a case/cover (not sure of the difference, sorry) to prevent scratches and fingerprints on the back and side of the phone. The case/cover was labeled for Samsung Contiuum and Galaxy S. However, I cannot use the grip censor with this case/cover! It's very frustrating.

I took the case/cover off to make sure that it wasn't the phone itself having issues. Without the case/cover, the grip sensor works 100% fine.

Do any Continuum owners have a case that works with the grip sensor? I'd really like to get something that protects my phone without sacrificing a great feature. Thanks.

PS: This is the cover I have. Set Your Location

I have a cover just like the one you purchased. What I did was I took a knife and cut out my own holes around the area where the grip sensors are located.

The holes obviously don't look like it was purchased that way. But it works. I'm able to have a case on my phone while still being able to use the ticker.

Upvote 0
I have a cover just like the one you purchased. What I did was I took a knife and cut out my own holes around the area where the grip sensors are located.

The holes obviously don't look like it was purchased that way. But it works. I'm able to have a case on my phone while still being able to use the ticker.

Could you possibly attach a photo of it? I'm going to cut holes in mine, but it'd be helpful to see how you did it!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones