• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Centura = battery hog or what?

freakshow85

Android Enthusiast
Nov 17, 2013
Man my brand new StraightTalk Centura seems to drain my battery like no other. I just downloaded juice defender and will see how that goes. I keep it clean.. so i dunno if it is a bad sync option I have set up or what but I'll upfate hpw this app does.

I look forward to hearing other, newer ideas. Otherwise I am getting an extended life battery. Maybe then I can make it passed 6 hours before needing a charge.

Small phone, small battery, so short battery life.

Keep GPS and Bluetooth off unless you need them. Keep wifi off unless you're in an area with a wifi signal you can connect to.

Keep the screen brightness down as low as you're comfortable with,

This isn't a 32GB Windows 200 supercomputer, so try not to run more apps thn you need running for the task at hand.

Fully charge the battery with the phone off. Disconnect the charger and use the phone normally until it tells you to plug the charger in. Do that cycle 3 times. Then charge it when you think you'll need a full charge.

Six hours is a bit short, but you should be able to get through 8 or 9 hours between charges. You can also carry a spare (and full7y charged) battery with you. Good ones only cost about $10. Writch them out about very month. Then, when the battery is about to die just before you need to make that important call, you can switch to a fully chrged battery.

Upvote 0
Mine gets down to about 30% after about 11 hours If I use it a lot. On days where I just do some light browsing and texting It can go for about 17 hours before it gets to 30%. I keep WiFi and Bluetooth off and also turn off all syncing to gmail except to actually check email since I do manual backups on my laptop. My brightness is at 50%. If I use an app and I don't think I will be using it again all day I'll long press the home button and swipe it away, but I usually leave Opera and SMS open all day long.I also disabled all the Google services I never use such as Google books, magazines, talk etc. but honestly It hasn't made a noticeable difference. How many apps are you using on an average day?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones