• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Change the title of a saved google map

these are saved offline maps, correct? or are these saved destinations?

either way you can rename them. in google maps select your avatar in the upper right corner>select offline maps>choose the map that has been downloaded and press the three vertical dots>select rename and rename the map.

this is on my z fold 4 not sure how different it is on other phones. my google maps version is 11.78.0301.

Upvote 0
These are "add route to the home screen "maps". I thought these were considered "offline", but apparently I've been uniformed about how all this works in Google maps. I also did not recognize that s search would bring up a list of my searches, which kinda solves my problem in a way

I understand now, though I have to say Google Maps is not my favorite. Maybe it's just me, but I think it's ill-conceived, in many ways, for the average user.

Is there another map app you would recommend?

Upvote 0
It could be much simpler and straightforward, IMO, but I think it's purposely designed to have to you search around the app for what you want to do, eventually, possibly, leading to some ad.

I was using Waze. My problem is that is there are so many twists and turns, often happening in short distances. I had one experience where I missed one turn. The time it took to backtrack and correct my mistake negated any time saving benefit I would have gained.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones