• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

coffee makers

so i just bought this one:
cafe.jpg

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/cafe-s...with-wifi-matte-black/6466520.p?skuId=6466520

its not cheap, but has received really good reviews....and it just looks gorgeous....lol

its going to be a xmas gift for my mom.

Upvote 0
Ok so I'm curious as to what you guys think. The coffee maker I got, you can program or use Google or Alexa to start brewing your coffee. This means that I have to grind the beans ahead of time. Will I notice a big drop in flavor, if I grind the beans the night before so that I can have the coffee maker start brewing in the morning?

Upvote 0
Ok so I'm curious as to what you guys think. The coffee maker I got, you can program or use Google or Alexa to start brewing your coffee. This means that I have to grind the beans ahead of time. Will I notice a big drop in flavor, if I grind the beans the night before so that I can have the coffee maker start brewing in the morning?
I prefer the smell of ground coffee in the morning

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
I've been using the original Nespresso coffee maker at home for the last 8 years. Got hooked on it in France. Wife bought a Keurig coffee maker for our travel trailer. Tried a variety of coffee in the Keurig, ended up liking Tim Horton coffee the most. Somehow a Canadian Hockey Player makes good coffee ;)

Upvote 0
I've been using the original Nespresso coffee maker at home for the last 8 years. Got hooked on it in France. Wife bought a Keurig coffee maker for our travel trailer. Tried a variety of coffee in the Keurig, ended up liking Tim Horton coffee the most. Somehow a Canadian Hockey Player makes good coffee ;)
There is nothing like fresh ground coffee. I will never go back to k-cups again. The taste to me far out weighs the convenience of the k-cups.

The Cafe coffee maker I got is a dream. As long as it has water and coffee grounds, it will automatically brew my coffee in the morning.

Reactions: AugieTN
Upvote 0
There is nothing like fresh ground coffee. I will never go back to k-cups again. The taste to me far out weighs the convenience of the k-cups.

The Cafe coffee maker I got is a dream. As long as it has water and coffee grounds, it will automatically brew my coffee in the morning.
Yeah we have one for the cottage, but I think we just had it in our kitchen when my Aunt was still over here, we had one for our home for a spell, I do not know why we switched back with the glass pot though. Really easy to pick it up when it is starting to pour and make myself a cuppa in the morning though, or whenever I feel like it.

Reactions: ocnbrze and AugieTN
Upvote 0

Fresh ground coffee is like the creme de la creme of the coffee experience. I did it for a while. It's neat how you can see the coffee oil floating on top of the coffee.

Upvote 0
I've been using a Keurig ever since I woke up one morning for work and put sugar in the coffee maker instead of coffee grounds and made hot sugar water with creamer. Not a pleasant experience.
this is why my Cafe coffee maker is so great. the night before, i can ground my beans and add water to the maker and in the morning at specific time that i create, i can have fresh brewed coffee ready for me when i head off to work. i just pour and leave.

Upvote 0
this is why my Cafe coffee maker is so great. the night before, i can ground my beans and add water to the maker and in the morning at specific time that i create, i can have fresh brewed coffee ready for me when i head off to work. i just pour and leave.

My Keurig is out of convenience. Put a pod in and hit a button while getting the rest of my stuff ready for work. I am up and out the door in about 10 minutes. I also, when on dayshift schedule get up at 3:30am so I'm a bit groggy to put it mildly.

Reactions: AugieTN and ocnbrze
Upvote 0
My Keurig is out of convenience. Put a pod in and hit a button while getting the rest of my stuff ready for work. I am up and out the door in about 10 minutes. I also, when on dayshift schedule get up at 3:30am so I'm a bit groggy to put it mildly.
i get it. we used to have a k-cup brewer. i just could not stand the taste any more. like i said nothing beats freshly ground coffee. i am kind of a cofee snob. i get the convenience. but the difference in taste to me is significant.

Upvote 0
What bothered me about the Keurig the most was we tried numerous brands and all the ones we tried seemed really watered down if we went above 6oz. the 8oz and 10oz options were really weak, like they didn't put enough coffee in the cup. We were use to the original Nespresso. A woman my wife worked with recommended the Tim Horton cups, which we use now in the travel trailer and they are okay for a quick cup when we are traveling.

Of course, fresh ground coffee is always going to be the creme de la creme.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones