• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Confused..

sgreene

Lurker
Dec 30, 2014
I just recently switched from Verizon(contract) to boost mobile. And while im happy with my service their phones a way overpriced.My problem is that I know pretty much nothing when it comes to cell phone technology.I'd like to buy an unlocked phone to use on boost but I'm confused as to what phones I can use.CDMA,Gsm,LTE all that is Greek to me . I would really appreciate any help I can get. I'm looking to get a GS4 or GS5 and for that kind of money I don't want to buy the wrong thing

Boost is CDMA and doesn't have many options when it comes to using unlocked phones (like you can with GSM networks AT&T and T-Mobile).

For the most part you have to buy Boost Mobile phones to use their network, but Boost has a list of some Sprint phones that you can BYOD (including a Sprint Galaxy S4):
http://www.boostmobile.com/support/faq/#!/activate-sprint-phone

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones