• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Connection Issue....With the missus only!!

Vicdude

Android Enthusiast
Jun 2, 2010
Nottingham UK
Now some of you might think that is a blessing in disguise but it's proper annoying :mad:

The Symptoms
If I phone the missus, I will get her answer machine message instantly (as if the phone is off). I then hang up and redial and it rings and she answers. This happens 7 out of 10 times, so when I now phone her, I know I'll have to dial twice :thinking:
If the Missus phones me, I phone rings and the missus reports the same symptoms to me except she normally has to do it 2 or 3 times. As we talk, I will receive 2 or 3 missed call text messages telling me that the missus called but left no message!

BOTH phones work absolutely fine with every other number. I use mine for work and it's not a problem at all.

I spoke to Orange and after getting fobbed off around India.... TWICE :mad: and recieving 2 lots of texts that I had to open, delete and reboot (These did eff all by the way) I was advised .....(By a helpful Geordie this time) to spend a day on 2G to see if it was the network. It wasn't. We are now back on 3G and I can't help thinking that they are just gonna fold and replace the phones.
Before that happens (and I cop for the bloody

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones