• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Copy to Windows AND Android?

jefboyardee

Extreme Android User
Jan 18, 2011
Currently, to get something like a link transferred from Windows to Android, I copy it and paste it as an item in my calendar. For stuff like images, I use Dropbox. When it appears there, I copy it in the Android and paste it where I want it, usually a text post. That works but can be annoyingly slow.

Is the an app that automatically places copies on both systems?

I'll get one and see. Still seems that it'd be easier to just synced it like part of my Google account, but what do I know.

The tried and true way is the Cloud transfer that you've been using. A bluetooth connection saves data. We all know that BT pairing and Android is a PITA, throw Windows in that mix...

Upon further reflection, if you use Chrome you can bookmark any page and sync it.

Upvote 0
I use Send Anywhere for link and file sharing between any platform. Airdroid works well but I found it to be a little more complicated.

I've never used a Mac with an iPhone but I assume that a copy made on one automatically syncs to the other, that no special software is even required. And if that's true, MS and Google got to get together on this...

Upvote 0
I've never used a Mac with an iPhone but I assume that a copy made on one automatically syncs to the other, that no special software is even required. And if that's true, MS and Google got to get together on this...
An iPhone with a Mac uses iTunes, just like it does on Windows. Difference is, Macs come with iTunes of course, and IMO is much more integrated into macOS than its Windows counterpart.

I have a couple of MacBook laptops, but frankly I only use iTunes for iTunes U, as there's educational materials there that are not available elsewhere.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
That's easy. Install Google Drive/Dropbox on your PC. Install Foldersync on your device. Set Foldersync to connect to your cloud and to what folder on your device to download to. And voila, any changes or additional file done on your Google Drive or Dropbox on your PC syncs automatically to the folder in your phone. Just tested again a while ago.

Reactions: jefboyardee
Upvote 0
Not sure I understand this or am explaining myself correctly.

On my Win7 PC I use Ditto Clipboard Manager. I tell it to store its clips in a folder of my Dropbox account. When I fire up Win10, which also runs Ditto, it offers the same clips I had loaded in 7. It's pretty much automatic, providing I have Ditto installed on both systems. But there is no Ditto in Android, so I have to jump through various hoops to transfer clips and stuff.

I can transfer anything from Windows to Android, I but I have to copy and paste and move and groan etc. I want this to happen automatically, like when I boot from Win7 to Win10. Some sort of binary language barrier.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Not sure I understand this or am explaining myself correctly.

On my Win7 PC I use Ditto Clipboard Manager. I tell it to store its clips in a folder of my Dropbox account. When I fire up Win10, which also runs Ditto, it offers the same clips I had loaded in 7. It's pretty much automatic, providing I have Ditto installed on both systems. But there is no Ditto in Android, so I have to jump through various hoops to transfer clips and stuff.

I can transfer anything from Windows to Android, I but I have to copy and paste and move and groan etc. I want this to happen automatically, like when I boot from Win7 to Win10. Some sort of binary language barrier.
Edit

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones