• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Couple Questions

1. Is there a way to change the default number of home screens without rooting?

2. What is the root directory of the internal storage?
ex. I'm trying to set a notification tone for TouchDown. The root directory on my old phone for the SDcard was /sdcard
1. Download a home screen replacement, my favorite is launcher pro.
2. The file path for the "Sd card" is /mnt/sdcard, it acts just like an SD card in any other phone. Astro went right to it when I launched it, might be different for other file managers.

Upvote 0
1. Download a home screen replacement, my favorite is launcher pro.
2. The file path for the "Sd card" is /mnt/sdcard. Astro went right to it when I launched it might be different for other file managers.

I've used ADW, Launcher Pro and GO Launcher. Of the 3, I think GO is definitely the best. It is smooth and has a TON of customization. I particularly like having the scrollable task bar at the bottom. I also really like the effects - I use an 'outside cube'. When you scroll through your screens, it transitions as if the screens are on the outside of a box - very cool effect. It also has a nice dialer and resizable widgets. On my Dinc, I only used 4 screens but you can have as few or as many as you want. On my Gnex, I'll probably stick with 4.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones