• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Crashing HTC One M8

Jik580

Lurker
Oct 16, 2016
Alright hello guys,
Excuse my English, I'm Dutch.

My HTC keeps crashing down, and I don't have a clue where it's comming from.
It all started with whatsapp, snapchat and instagram closing down when I touched my screen using the app the notification popped up: XXX had stopped working. At first it was solved by only turning it off and on again. A few weeks later my HTC wouldn't start at all, after restarting a thousand times (by holding power and volume up button) I finally got the "optimizing apps" screen. After that, and some luck, it showed my lockscreen, but HTC sense stopped working and the phone keeps flashing a "com.google.process.gapps stopped working" pop-up.
I fixed the sense and google pop-ups by resetting: HTC sense and Google Framework Services and got it running again, but all my apps did reset.
I put my phone in factory reset for 3 times, but it seems to get worse.

Do you guys have any clue?
Thanks already!

Dani

Hi there. It could be the amount of storage that is left on your phone. If there isn't that much left, then that's probably why it's acting up. Try deleting files and downloads you don't need anymore, get rid of apps that you only use once in a while, and get rid of some pictures, too! Hope this helps

Upvote 0
Hi there. It could be the amount of storage that is left on your phone. If there isn't that much left, then that's probably why it's acting up. Try deleting files and downloads you don't need anymore, get rid of apps that you only use once in a while, and get rid of some pictures, too! Hope this helps

I cannot access the phone cause it's stuck in a bootloop, and I've put the phone in factory mode for 5 times now.. So I don't think it's the storage, but thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones