• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Current Films you have seen and your diagnosis.

argedion

The TechnoFrog
Jun 20, 2011
The Infernal Swamp
I have been watching a few films lately as I have no life and nothing else to really do. So I was curious as to what films have you seen lately (On DVD) that you care to share your thoughts about. Here is a small list of the ones I have seen.

I.Frankenstein - A decent fantasy movie with some familiar faces. I was surprised to see Viktor from Underworld (Bill Nighy) and Raze (Kevin Grevioux) also from Underworld. To me the story was interesting but a bit disappointing with the actors/actresses they have in the movie. Even though a different twist on the old fairy tale it was not all that bad and deserves at least 3 stars out of 5 in my opinion

Divergent - First I thought that this was going to be much better than it was not that it was bad but just think they could have taken this down a better road. The thought was brilliant but the portrayal wasn't as brilliant. It took a long time to get to the actual story of what is happening. This I will give 2.5 stars out of my 5

Non Stop - This one is definitely worth the look. I really enjoyed this and the story line with it. Liam Neeson has again proven his worth in hollywood. 4 out of 5 stars

3 days to Kill - Kevin Costner does a good job in this. Not what I expected and a really good plot in the movie. 3.5 out of 5 stars

300 rise of an empire - A guy flick for sure. 3 out of 5 stars for blood and guts :D

Ironclad Battle for Blood - Not near as good as the first one and a bit more cheeky I'll give it 2.5 stars out of 5 simply for the blood and guts

Last but not least
Pompeii - I liked this movie and the story behind it. It has really good special effects and some decent acting I give this 4 out of 5 stars

So what movies have you seen even if they are a few years old that you want to share with us?

Well my niece is in town so we been watching a few movies lately as well

1 Now You See Me- Very good movie incase you dont know about 4 street magicians who get sequestered to work together by someone unknown to them all to ultimately seek revenge for the unknown person. Its an original story something in which Hollywood doesnt do much of anymore that will keep you on the edge of the seat and guessing to the end.

2 Unthinkable- This is a Samuel Jackson straight to dvd movie released in 2010. He plays a interegator who the government calls in when the need answers that they cant get. The basis is a terrorist has nuclear bombs randomly set in various U.S. cities and wont talk. Imo the reason why it was straight to dvd is because at the timing of the movie the waterboarding and torture debate was at its height and this movie directly deals with it. It shows both sides of the fence of said issue and it will definitely make you think

Upvote 0
For a person that likes action movies, I have never heard of this movie before until I seeing it recently. The movie 'war' starting Jason Statham and Jett Li, with supporting casts such as Devon Aioky from the fast and the furious 3, Hun Sol Ouk from the fast and the furious 2,4,5&6. And that big black dude from the TV CSI: LA. Anyway, this is the first movie where I see Statham and Jett Li going at it. Also, this is not your typical body counts and explosion movie, it has a good story line with a good twist at the end.

Upvote 0
Secret Life of Walter Mitty - I really liked it. It's about a photo editor who has vivid day dreams, and goes on an adventure to track down a missing negative. As the story progresses the distinction between Walter's day dreams and the adventures he's taking become blurred. Through his journey he learns to be more sure of himself, and not live in his head as much.

Upvote 0
Now You See Me
I totally love this film and I can't get enough of it..... I love the cast and the story line and I was gripped every second of the film

Divergent
Different to the book towards the end but still one of my favourites..... I had to read the book first before I watched the film. I love both. This is not what I would normally pick and just glad I actually picked up the first book and really want to read the rest of the books now. I love Tris and Four and glad it's not all about the love story either.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones