• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Current note 3 user might switch to N6 verizon

814 htc evo

Android Enthusiast
Apr 8, 2011
Erie, Pa
Hello everyone so here's the deal I have been an avid note user and lover since the note 1 and yesterday I got my first hands on moment if you will with the verizon nexus 6. Now my dilemma is I am eligible for an edge upgrade and I'm very eager to see the note 5 but I'm also dying for some new hardware.

I have read the specs and matched up the differences and the nexus 6 does lack in places going up against the note 4 but camera and screen pixels aren't drastically different and the battery being non removable doesn't bother me. So with that being said I'm trying to get some insight and see what you guys think of your nexus 6's and if any of you are previous note owners? Any insight would be very much appreciated because man that nexus 6 felt great yesterday it was so fluid and snappy and NO TOUCHWIZ lol...

Also I seen reports of screen burn ins? As well as crappy speakers any one have that issue? Also how is verizon 4G Lte perform on the nexus 6? And one last question how frequent does the device get software updates since it is a "Google" phone obviously verizon holds updates up longer than should be as does every carrier but I'm curious since it's a "google" phone thanks for your help guys!! :)

I'm not w/VZW but, I've owned both the NOTE 4 & NEXUS 6 (still have the N6).

Both are great phones & while some early adopters reported screen burn & speaker issues,I myself haven't experienced either issue & the chatter surrounding both has seemed to all but die down.
I'd say if you bought a NEXUS 6 today, you wouldn't have anything to worry about. Besides, that's what the 1yr warranty is for, on any device, use it if necessary.
As for the NOTE4, can't go wrong w/the hardware,& IMHO, TouchWiz wasn't all that bad on ANDROID 4.4.4
If you're not a big user of the S-Pen applications, I'd say go for the NEXUS 6.
If you are an S-Pen user, I'd stick w/the NOTE series & get the VZW Developers Edition (for aftermarket development purposes, if you want the best of T/W in a custom ROM).

Reactions: marctronixx
Upvote 0
Awesome. I agree both are great phones from my personal experience with the note series I love the phones. Although I don't tend to use the s-pen or many of the note features. I just have always loved the power house that the note series phones are as well as the large screen.

I'm just concerned the nexus 6 may not perform as well as the note 3 currently does. Cause I love that I have alot of apps and stuff going on and my phone hasent skipped a beat whatsoever. I love that about the note phones they are very well built and perform well software and hardware wise. I'm just curious how often do nexus phones receive software updates? Are they quicker than other devices cause they are "Google Phones" ? Thanks again for your help ;-)

Upvote 0
While the Nexus line traditionally is known to get the most timely updates,I'm certain that VZW has ultimate control over when updates are pushed to their phones.
T-Mobile/Sprint/AT&T are on the latest update available,not sure about VZW.
Hopefully someone w/BigRed will chime in w/thier update experience w/the Nexus6.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones