• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Dallas Area Problems

m-cman

Android Enthusiast
Feb 27, 2011
Dallas
I am with Virgin Mobile and have the HTC EVO V phone. Been getting that famous Resource message. This problem has been around since the phone was introduced but was supposedly fixed with an update in Nov 2012. In addition to the resource message I also get the following message "Call origination attempt fails due to an immediate signal loss". Texts are an hour or more late both sending and receiving. Cannot call out or receive calls. People that try to call me go directly to my Voicemail and I hear no ring or notification. Wouldn't even know I got a Voicemail if I didn't check. This is the Dallas TX area, specifically the Garland suburb. Impossible to get quick response from VM customer service and obviously I cannot call them. Had to send email to CS. I have all the updates of every type and have done restarts and battery pulls.

The problem started two or three days ago and has gotten worse. I rarely use the phone for calls but needed to today. Are all the providers this bad? Next phone, I will probably go to T-Mobile. :mad:

I am with Virgin Mobile and have the HTC EVO V phone. Been getting that famous Resource message. This problem has been around since the phone was introduced but was supposedly fixed with an update in Nov 2012. In addition to the resource message I also get the following message "Call origination attempt fails due to an immediate signal loss". Texts are an hour or more late both sending and receiving. Cannot call out or receive calls. People that try to call me go directly to my Voicemail and I hear no ring or notification. Wouldn't even know I got a Voicemail if I didn't check. This is the Dallas TX area, specifically the Garland suburb. Impossible to get quick response from VM customer service and obviously I cannot call them. Had to send email to CS. I have all the updates of every type and have done restarts and battery pulls.

The problem started two or three days ago and has gotten worse. I rarely use the phone for calls but needed to today. Are all the providers this bad? Next phone, I will probably go to T-Mobile. :mad:

Nope! T-Mobile puts Virgin to shame! I had similar experiences with virgin then I switched to T-Mobile prepaid on their 30$ Web exclusive plan.

But i would do the hacks for it first if you actually like your phone. When you do the crazy hacks, it's like getting a new Evo V!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones