• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

data download rate

why would you need such a thing? what are you downloading?
The reason I need this is to make it possible to differentiate between me cell phone carrier’s actions and Amazon Prime actions. If I can monitor download rate on an Android tablet connected to some WiFi not related to my phone carrier, I should be able to tell which of the two are responsible for the situation. As is, I can not do so.

I asked about this particular possibility is another thread but received zero replies. I therefore decided to open a new thread and simply ask this basic question without any of the background that took up most of the other thread. If you are interested in the whole sordid affair, you can read about it here

Upvote 0
I can’t tell from the description on the Play Store whether or not that utility will give me useful information. I need to be able to see the download rate moment to moment as the download is occurring.

I guess I should be able to install it and see what it does. Then, if it does provide the information, I will need to find a not too slow WiFi link on which I can test. Right now I don’t know where I can get such a connection but being prepared to use it is a necessary first step.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones