• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Data Plan Gone?

punkzanyj

Android Expert
Oct 20, 2008
So I've been having trouble connecting on 3G today. Maps doesn't load the full picture, and of course this makes my location not work. This keeps my Locale situation from working.

Just checked my T-Mobile online account and there's no data plan. Granted, I didn't have one before and I didn't check when I got my G1 to see if it updated those details.

So, anyone have any clue as to when they'll update our accounts? Or do I need to call them and find out why my data plan isn't working?

Thanks!

Yes
i can verify that anyone and everyone who is having 3G issues, are not actual issues with the network. Your data plan you had before has been removed, or your free stint is over.
You have to call t-Mo or head to t-mobile.com to add the G1 Data plan. After a while (couple of hours) your G1 will be back to normal.
I thought I had gotten away with keeping ym old Data Plan but I guess they are getting on track.
Cheers
;)

Upvote 0
Just another confirmation of this... Everything was working perfectly last night, woke up this morning and only had very limited connectivity. Google talk, gmail, voice worked, but everything else did not. I logged on to t-mo's site and saw that the G1 plus data plan had been dropped. I re-added it, and waited. After about two hours I called customer service, who confirmed that the plan had been dropped, and I may have to wait 48 hours for data service! :mad:

Edit:

About 5 minutes after posting this my data came back up.

Upvote 0
Just another confirmation of this... Everything was working perfectly last night, woke up this morning and only had very limited connectivity. Google talk, gmail, voice worked, but everything else did not. I logged on to t-mo's site and saw that the G1 plus data plan had been dropped. I re-added it, and waited. After about two hours I called customer service, who confirmed that the plan had been dropped, and I may have to wait 48 hours for data service! :mad:

Edit:

About 5 minutes after posting this my data came back up.

Having worked in tech support they always say something like that (24-48) because it's the longest the problem could take to be resolved. Gotta give the system time to update, or give workers time to do their work. Typically it's shorter but they're not going to tell you that, cause you'll get mad when it doesn't happen. People don't always understand that things take as long as they take.
I was always tempted to tell people something absurdly specific like "It will take five hours, 37 minutes and 45 seconds.":cool:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones