• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Debt ceiling and the US economy

We're all pretty much screwed if this doesn't get resolved. Our Congress is a swirling, toxic mess with the Senate being powerless to nullify the House of Representatives from continuing to block any kind of practical resolution over the debt ceiling. With the House of Representatives now being ruled over by a complete nut job, Margorie Taylor Greene, this might be last minute grand-standing just to incite panic because a lot of them find it amusing '...to own the Libs', or it might be an actual economic disaster in the making because they get to choose to ignore the repercussions of their own actions.

They're all set for life with bloated 'pensions' and plenty of other tax-payer funded benefits, like free and full health care, etc. so they don't have to worry about playing idiotic games with the economy. Most of us on the other hand, don't have those same luxuries to fall back on.

Upvote 0
nut job yes that is mtg to a tee. she sure has kevin mccarthy's nuts. mccarthy and the republicans in the house put together a terrible budget that will not pass the senate. we should be taking back the tax break for the rich that the rebuplicans passed during the criminal's reign(it was the only thing they really accomplished other than hiring more conservative judges). they were told that the tax bill would ultimately put us in a big ass hole.....hahahaha. LOL.

now they want to take away programs that actually help real americans; that help the poor and those that are in need.

this situation sucks and i blame the republicans and their war on culture......cuz that is all they want to talk about, rather than actually helping Americans.

Upvote 0
I look at it this way :
Democrats love to spend.
Republicans keep the spending to a minimum.
I'm not choosing sides...but...
Reagan tripled the debt during his 2 terms with a good economy.
GHB promised "no new taxes". We know how that worked out.
GWB started 2 unfunded wars to the tune of $2,000,000,000,000.
Trump gave corporations a 40% tax cut and had to increase subsidies for farmers due to his "well thought out" trade war with China and also had the debt ceiling increased 3 times with no strings attached. His poor response to Covid also had him increase the debt $8,000,000,000,000 in a single term.

Yes, the debt went up under Obama ~$7,000,000,000,000, but he inherited the worst economy since the 1930's and it was 2 terms.

I kindly disagree with your opinion as do the facts.

Upvote 0
Ken Jeong Burn GIF by Crave

Reactions: AugieTN
Upvote 0
See? Proves I know jack *hit about politics!!
Democrats want to spend where it would help individuals and families.

The "once called" Republicans want to help any corporation, or wealthy donor, either through tax cuts or regulations. See Iowa for example, enabling so many violations of US child labor law that it's ridiculous.

Reactions: AugieTN
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones