• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Dialer BT switch

pastafarian

Pâtes avec votre foie
Nov 4, 2009
The Sea of Tranquility
Got my Note 2 (via ebay) on Friday and so far so good. One issue that cropped up was with the dialer. On my (wife's) LTEvo, when in a call there's a button on the dialer screen that allows an easy swap between bt and the phone. I'm guessing this is a Sense feature as I can't find it on the Touchwiz dialer. I miss this feature as I use a bt headset to listen to podcasts and often want to switch to the phone in a call for added voice privacy. Am I missing something? Anyone have a workaround? I know there's a way of doing this via the headset, but it's never as easy as pressing a button in the dialer.

This dialer has it also, at least mine with Sprint does, it allows me to switch back and forth between the call either using BT, phone, or speaker phone, I will take a screen shot for you in a bit as my BT is in the car, but in the meantime you can go to the dialer and one opened then click the menu button and see if there are any features in the call settings that represent BT settings

But I do use it all the time, so I know it is there. I think it is the Headset radio button bottom right on the dialer once on a call. Here you go see below

attachment.php

Attachments

• Dialer.jpg
    Dialer.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 141
Upvote 0
Before you know it you will be use to it and it will look small again. When I first saw a customer come in my store with that phone I said damn that is huge, not it feels small to me, Bring it on now, LOL ;)

BTW, my wife calls the Note my "clown phone" because it's so freakishly large. :D

Upvote 0
Before you know it you will be use to it and it will look small again. When I first saw a customer come in my store with that phone I said damn that is huge, not it feels small to me, Bring it on now, LOL ;)

I bit the bullet and bought myself a Note 8 for work and personal business (wi-fi only version). After using that thing 1 handed, the Note 2 definitely feels small!...LOL. That said, still no way I could go with an even bigger phone for my next upgrade, so I hope Samsung figures out a way to squeeze in the 6 inch screen (for the note 3) to the same or extremely similar overall dimensions of the Note 2. Otherwise, I'll just wait until Samsung finally brings their flexible screens to production with phone/tablet convertible devices that are like the video they made.

Reactions: DonB
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones