• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Different colored food - would you eat it?

zuben el genub

Extreme Android User
Jan 24, 2011
I've no problem with weird colored food if there's a purpose for it (and in most cases, done naturally). I mean black chicken is definitely creepy looking, but it's a legit animal.
DSCN2442.JPG

Reactions: bcrichster
Upvote 0
I think that kids would eat the pink cereal in the yellow milk.

If i had kids and they would refuse to eat normal food, they could then starve. Sorry but i wouldnt feed my kids with colours... They would learn to eat healthy differenf kind if foods in the beginning... Anyway, nowadays there are many natural colours too, not only from bugs :D or artificial food colours.

I prefer plain looking but fresh food rather than odd colours.

Upvote 0
It is better to feed kids without adding colors. If colored food is a must, then add natural colors. Natural color is derived from a plant or animal whereas an artificial color is that does not come from a plant or animal source.

Carotenoids are plant pigments which are responsible for bright red, yellow and orange shades in many fruits and vegetables. These pigments have an important role in plant health. People who eat foods containing carotenoids have protective health benefits as well. Carotenoids can be produced from red pepper, which is dried and then ground. Curcumin is a golden yellow pigment found in turmeric. Turmeric can be used in coloring and flavoring food which is a common practice. So You can use it for Natural food coloring. Turmeric has a powerful anti-inflammatory effect and is a strong antioxidant.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones