• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Doctor Who

Ugh, more reports of writer/show runner leaving, and Jodie following... :'(
Completely unsubstantiated rumour that received no coverage in any mainstream press or obvious show-specific fan sites. And denied by Jodie.

Probably brought some clicks for some site though.

Upvote 0
Completely unsubstantiated rumour that received no coverage in any mainstream press or obvious show-specific fan sites. And denied by Jodie.

Probably brought some clicks for some site though.

Thought at least one of those reporting was reputable. Glad it wasn't. And yes, have since seen her talk about the next series, though that isn't coming until 2020 :'(

Upvote 0
Receptionist hears my problems. PA takes my temp. Nurse takes my vitals...
Who's the Doctor who approves all this ?
Yes

laughing Jerry.png

Upvote 0
I been in and out of this past few seasons, they keep running out of different times, I know I sound a bit peckish, but why they must overhall it duration on the weekends?

Fair, I dvr it so watch mid week whenever. I would like them to stop disappearing for over a year. They took 2019 completely off.

And I want the christmas special back!

Upvote 0
This season is far too preachy for me. Maybe it's a Brexit backlash from the BBC, but how many times do we have to see a future Earth destroyed by man's shortsightedness, only to be saved by group hugs, Kumbaya and eating nothing but kale and quinoa by her own personal rainbow coalition?

Must everything be so damned apocalyptic? What the show needs is an infusion of Roddenberry-esque story lines.

Reactions: NightAngel79
Upvote 0
Fair, I dvr it so watch mid week whenever. I would like them to stop disappearing for over a year. They took 2019 completely off.

And I want the christmas special back!
I have an box set of where it was the Black Jacket doctor and Rose to get through.. What is the blokes name oh well.

Upvote 0
New Doctor likes New Years..

Yea, which is something, but not the same as Christmas...

This season is far too preachy for me. Maybe it's a Brexit backlash from the BBC, but how many times do we have to see a future Earth destroyed by man's shortsightedness, only to be saved by group hugs, Kumbaya and eating nothing but kale and quinoa by her own personal rainbow coalition?

Must everything be so damned apocalyptic? What the show needs is an infusion of Roddenberry-esque story lines.

I feel ya, and I have nothing with shows sending a message, and being 'woke' or whatever the kids call it these days. But this season is going to extreme extremes. Feels a bit more piled on then previously. Of course, this is show runners second season, so maybe he's still figuring it out? Dunno

I have an box set of where it was the Black Jacket doctor and Rose to get through.. What is the blokes name oh well.

Umm.... Christopher Eccleston, season 1 right? (loved him in Gone in 60 Seconds)

Upvote 0
I have nothing with shows sending a message,

Oh, I don't mind a message. Look at Star Trek TOS ... practically every episode dealt with social issues of the late '60s, but they pulled it off even with William Shatner. ;)

I really like Jodi Whittaker as the Doctor. She's got the right blend of darkness and quirkiness (And she's cute, too). If I were to give the writers two pieces of advice it would be more adventure, less apocalypse, and stop whipping out the sonic screwdriver and waving it around like a can of Lysol in a men's locker room.

Upvote 0
Yea, which is something, but not the same as Christmas...

I feel ya, and I have nothing with shows sending a message, and being 'woke' or whatever the kids call it these days. But this season is going to extreme extremes. Feels a bit more piled on then previously. Of course, this is show runners second season, so maybe he's still figuring it out? Dunno

Umm.... Christopher Eccleston, season 1 right? (loved him in Gone in 60 Seconds)
Yes. (I loved him in https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Existenz )

Oh he was in Gone in sixty seconds? I vaguley remember that movie.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones