• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Does the Samsung A53 have wireless (induction) charging?

AppleUser

Android Enthusiast
Oct 26, 2011
On MetroPCS and my Samsung A51. c-port is flaky. Was thinking of upgrading to the A53. Many websites indicate the A53 has wireless/induction charging, but the Metro rep said it does not.

I'd like to have induction charging as an option.

Does the A53 have or not have wireless charging?

yep it only has wired charging:

what site do you see this?

anyways you can make almost any phone wireless charging:

Reactions: AugieTN and olbriar
Upvote 0
I would not recommend the aftermarket approach. I tried something similar with my S5, which actually had wireless charging as an option which was added by changing the back cover. Instead of installing the OEM Samsung charging cover (not even sure if it was still available at that time, but in any event it would make the phone too thick to use a case), I added an aftermarket charging coil which fit inside the existing cover and connected to the same terminals used by the Samsung cover. It worked, but ran hot and over time trashed a couple of batteries so I gave up on it. I suspect an add-on like this on a current phone might have similar results, and it would be worse since the batteries are not user-replaceable any more.
If you really want a phone with wireless charging, buy on that has it built in.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones