• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Doogee X10 home/back button not working Calibration changed

Hi there,

I am new here on this forum. I have a Doogee X10 android 6 phone. I tried to flash it with SPFlash tools but I think I flashed it with wrong firmware. When I tried to switch it on it showed me only dim light nothing else. Later I downloaded the correct firmware and flash it again. Now when the phone boots, calibraton of buttons changed. Also buttons on the bottom of screen i.e. Home, Back (I dont know what is the third button calls) are not working. If I click on something, it clicks somewhere else. If dialpad opens up and I click on Home button it actually clicks on 5 on dialpad. It looks like calibraton data has been lost. Please help me what to do. I tried flashing 2,3 times with correct rom but same result. Any idea ???????

This is what happens when you are not careful. Flashing incorrect firmwares will screw up phones. There is not much else you can do, if flashing the correct update does not work. There is no re calibration tool or software that will fix your issue.

I would just get a new updated phone. Android 6 is marshmallow and that's such an old update by now that most apps and even websites will probably not play nice with the phone.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
When you say you reflashed with the correct firmware do you mean a full, stock firmware build or just something like a custom ROM? If it wasn't a full set of official firmware (e.g. if it was a custom ROM that you flashed) then try to find a full firmware file and completely reflash the device. That should fix anything that's fixable, whereas just flashing a ROM may well not if you've previously flashed something for the wrong device (where there's no telling what might have been overwritten).

Reactions: Jackz Hunter
Upvote 0
This is what happens when you are not careful. Flashing incorrect firmwares will screw up phones. There is not much else you can do, if flashing the correct update does not work. There is no re calibration tool or software that will fix your issue.

I would just get a new updated phone. Android 6 is marshmallow and that's such an old update by now that most apps and even websites will probably not play nice with the phone.

I understand but my quesiton is if wrong firmware can touche and/or change your callibration data then why not original firmware change it back ? Why original firmware does not do anything with callibration data at all?

Upvote 0
When you say you reflashed with the correct firmware do you mean a full, stock firmware build or just something like a custom ROM? If it wasn't a full set of official firmware (e.g. if it was a custom ROM that you flashed) then try to find a full firmware file and completely reflash the device. That should fix anything that's fixable, whereas just flashing a ROM may well not if you've previously flashed something for the wrong device (where there's no telling what might have been overwritten).

Would you explain me more about full set of official firmware and custom ROM? What exactly included in official firmware? When I flash it SP Flash tool following sections been flashed.
Preloader
UBoot
Bootimg
Recovery
Sec_RO
Logo
MDM1MG
Android
UsrData

is anything missing here which is usually included in Official firmware ??

Upvote 0
Some of those are names are I think MediaTek naming, and not things I've seen in any device I've messed with, but I can work out most of them. It clearly has more than just a ROM, I don't think it's absolutely complete as I don't see anything that looks like the radio firmware (which I'd expect to have its own image), but it would be strange to put anything related to touchscreen calibration in there.

I don't know where you got that firmware file from, but a search for "Doogee X10 stock firmware" produces many sites claiming to have it (none of the top hits were visibly from Doogee themselves). I don't know this phone, don't know about its versions or regional firmware, so would advise (as if you needed this now) making sure you have the right version for your device before trying anything. The truth is that flashing the wrong firmware can do a lot worse than mess up the screen calibration (you can potentially mess the phone up so badly you cannot flash anything else).

There are apps in the Play Store that claim to do screen calibration. Unsurprisingly these seem to be a bit hit-and-miss: they work on some devices, not on others. But it's something you can try: just search the Play Store for something like "touchscreen calibration" and you'll find some some suggestions.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones