• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Downloading Google Voice voicemail delivered via Gmail

UncleMike

Android Expert
Nov 15, 2009
Central NJ
I recently setup a new Google account and a Google Voice number to use with my home phone line so I can use Google Voice caller blocking and spam filtering for my home phone. This works as expected. To keep things simple (avoiding setting up multiple Google accounts on my phone and any related changes to Google Voice on my phone), I have Voicemail for this Google Voice number sent to the account's gmail address (which forwards to my gmail address). Messages are delivered as expected, with transcription, and a link to "play message". Tapping the "play message" link opens the browser and begins downloading a file "voicemail.mp3".

When I'm using Mobile Data on Straight Talk (with AT&T SIM) the download gets stuck at 0% (yes, zero). As soon as I go on Wifi, the download completes without issue. Is there a way to make these downloads work over Mobile Data? Is there some other setup I could use that would avoid this issue?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones