• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Email inbox showing junk email

I have my work email running through the stock email app using an exchange server. I use Outlook at work, and it does a pretty good job of sending junk email to the junk folder. However, on the email app on my phone, all incoming mail is sent to one inbox. I don't want my INBOX.junk to show in my main inbox. I keep getting notifications saying I have new mail, but it's just spam.

I've tried messing with the settings of the app and looking in the folders, but can't figure out how to set up a filter so only non-spam gets sent to the inbox and the spam is filtered to its own junk folder. I've been Googling this for about 30 min with no solution either.

I have an htc EVO running Cyanogenmod 7. I use the Gmail app for my personal email, and would prefer not to route my work email through Gmail for this. Thanks for any suggestions.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones