• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ETF payment with prepaid Master card?

timelord65

Android Enthusiast
Nov 24, 2011
I'd like a clarification from anyone who knows. The prepaid Master card T-mobile sends as payment for your etf. Clearly you'd have to pay off the etf before the prepaid card arrives in 6-8 weeks.

Can the prepaid card be redeemed for cash? or only used just like a credit or debit card in making purchases. I've never used a prepaid card to make a credit card payment. I'm pretty sure my cc only accepts payments from bank accounts.

Any help is appreciated, thanks

So you can't really use the prepaid master card to directly pay your etf, as it takes 6-8 weeks to arrive.

In other words, you have to pay the etf yourself, then use the prepaid card for other purchases. You do get the etf amount reimbursed to you, I understand that. You just can't directly pay your final bill with it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones