• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Excessive amounts of data

Jarodboyd72

Lurker
Jul 22, 2014
I got cricket 9 days ago, and I went over my 10GB high speed data cap yesterday (I use a lot of Internet...). Well, now that I'm throttled already, what if I decide to upload my entire 500GB of files on my computer to the cloud through my phone's hotspot? Or what if I decide to download 20 movies? Even though it is slowed down it still is unlimited right? Would I have a penalty for using excessive amounts of data?

Reactions: psionandy and lvt
Upvote 0
If you upload 500GB worth of data in a single session you will be noticed and possibly flagged for closer surveillance. Unlimited means they don't meter your bandwidth but when you upload very big files you actually occupy significant server resource and it might create some impact on other users. So while you are told that you have unlimited bandwidth and even storage space, you are still limited on server / network resources.

Reactions: psionandy
Upvote 0
If I were you. I would look into the real unlimited mvnos like Tmobile or MetroPCS. I'm on metro and use 60gb+ every month with no issues. Plus my speeds aren't slowed to that 8mb crap. I avg 45-65mb here in Chicago.

I wish I could!! I tried the t-mobile test drive and it didn't get coverage in my area :( and since metro is on t-mobile, it won't get coverage either. The 8mbps limit doesn't affect me because I only get 4mbps in my area anyway. I'm lucky to have this. I've used almost 70GB with no problem this month (besides speed of course)

Last edited:
Reactions: amg2000
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones