• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Excessive and incorrect bills from Orange Mobile Broadband

I had a similar experience the first month with my orange mobile broadband, They said I used 6-7GB instead of the 3G usage. uckily the guy did refund me

However I still recieve bills with incorrect usage, One whole month I didn't use it and they said I used 2.7 GB and I never even plugged it in..... I'm moving to virgin media home broadband leaving me teh sucker having to pay orange to end my contract at

Upvote 0
I had a similar experience the first month with my orange mobile broadband, They said I used 6-7GB instead of the 3G usage. uckily the guy did refund me

However I still recieve bills with incorrect usage, One whole month I didn't use it and they said I used 2.7 GB and I never even plugged it in..... I'm moving to virgin media home broadband leaving me teh sucker having to pay orange to end my contract at

Upvote 0
Hmmmm well I just signed onto my first contract with them on 04/07/10 on their Dolphin package which gives me 300 free talk time minutes in addition to unlimited texts and 500Mb internet.

I didn't use my phone to call anybody for two days until my old PAYG number got transferred over to it except for 2 x accidental calls as I was exploring the phone but they didn't even connect up. Since I got my old number yesterday I have made about 15 mins maximum of calls most of which were to the Orange helpline because I had trouble signing into my online account.

So, imagine my surprise when I finally gain access to my online account to see I have 98 mins 8 secs of talk time remaining and 68Mb of internet use which is a different story altogether!!!!! Of course there is no way to speak to a person on their helpline which just sends me round and round in circles. I have checked my itemised billing which shows 17p worth of calls so far with the remaining usage being free texts so how in God's name have 3 hours 30 mins of talk time just disappeared into thin air?? I am also shocked by the internet usage but will wear that one if necessary for this month as I did not realise until coming across this forum that unless my 3G/wifi is manually switched off, my phone can be accessing the internet for synch/updating purposes as long as it is up.
Nevertheless!!!!!!

I shall be going back to the Orange shop I bought the phone from to speak to them tomorrow as I want this matter cleared up a.s.a.p.

* * * UPDATE * * *

OK, so my mystery has been solved thank God. The guys in The Orange Shop checked my account & said because I signed up prior to the reset date of the 10th I was given 100 minutes & some internet access as a temporary measure & my account will reset to the full contract allocation ( 300 mins/500 mB) @ midnight tonight so the stats I am seeing at the mo relate to the temporary figures. Good to know but damn I did nearly have a heart attack so maybe they shoulda told me that in the first place me thinks.

Upvote 0
* * * UPDATE * * *

OK, so my mystery has been solved thank God. The guys in The Orange Shop checked my account & said because I signed up prior to the reset date of the 10th I was given 100 minutes & some internet access as a temporary measure & my account will reset to the full contract allocation ( 300 mins/500 mB) @ midnight tonight so the stats I am seeing at the mo relate to the temporary figures. Good to know but damn I did nearly have a heart attack so maybe they shoulda told me that in the first place me thinks.

Crystal balls are a necessary option with orange. lol

Incidentally i am with orange & each time i upgrade i get the same thing online, you just need to be aware of your billing date.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones