• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Experimental Stock Build .229-

xmr405o

Android Expert
Dec 7, 2009
No there is no typo on the build number. It's build number .229. Only three digits.

The installation process is exactly the same except if you do not want to lose your data you can flash the Stock Modified .902 file found in dfib's RSD Lite thread. (thanks dfib and John)

It is still HIGHLY recommended to use the unmodified fxz file. A clean slate is usually the best way to go when trying an unofficial build.

http://androidforums.com/bionic-all-things-root/480176-how-flash-5-9-902-rsdlite.html

Also, this is an unofficial experimental stock build...flashers BEWARE!!! :D

Here's the thread at droidhive.

ICS 4.0.4 Leak 6.7.229 - DROID BIONIC - droidHIVE Forums

This thread includes a download link and a screenshot of the "about phone" screen.

Based on this thread, it appears that the kernel has been updated or changed.

That's it for now.

Here's the list of the bugs we found on the previous leak...

http://androidforums.com/4584571-post1.html

Here's what we have found this is based on the latest leak Build .229-
  • Some users have their processors clocked at 1.2 ghz and some at 1.0 ghz.
  • Webtop's UI force closes when using the stock launcher you'll need to install a 3rd party like Apex to get Webtop to work properly.
  • Possible Car and Bedside dock instability. Standard and HD docks have issues with volume control when using headsets or external speakers.

Upvote 0
1. I can report that I have flashed to .229 and still only getting 1000Mhz clock speed.

(I have heard some suggestions in other forums that the size and speed of the EXT SD Card you install ICS from might have something to do with what clock speed you get but I'm running a 32GB class 10 so I don't know, may try installing it from my old 8GB older card later just to see.)

2. The front facing video camera is fixed.

3. Haven't had a chance to personally test wedtop yet, but have now saw reports in other forums that for people who have a lapdock, the force close UI issue is still there when using the stock launcher

59ytT.png

Upvote 0
The one I have in my thread here. http://androidforums.com/bionic-all-things-root/480176-how-flash-5-9-902-rsdlite.html I was going to try it today but wanted to see if someone did it before i wasted the time.

Oh duh! My bad.

I have not tried it but I would not suggest it when coming from a stock ICS leak. This is just me....but to minimize the chance of running into bugs/issues or even a semi brick, I would follow the original instructions exactly how it was written. I would use an unmodified FXZ and install on a clean device.

Upvote 0
@dfib - yes, I got three different modified .XML files to mod the full FXZ - all three worked. One simply avoids formatting the internal and another also removes another step that is not critical to the restore process.

It's a lot easier to grab the .XML files and mod the FXZ yourself - just be sure to mod a *copy* of hte FXZ so if it b0rks you still have the original.

@OP - FWIW, last week I FXZd to .902 (modified to prevent internal storage formatting) --> 905 (from the leaked version) and then went to .2233 - all was fine, but CPU remained at stock 1.0 GHz. I then FXZd (again using the modified XML) and took the 905 OTA official then updated to 2233. Still 1.0 GHz.

With this leak, I FXZd to stock including wiping internal storage, then took 905 OTA, then updated to .229. And I am still at 1.0 GHz.

At this point, it's either the 32 GB SDcard, or my phone is locked in some manner or fashion to prevent going above 1.0 GHz - and if it is I'm gonna raise hell with Motorola....

Upvote 0
@dfib - yes, I got three different modified .XML files to mod the full FXZ - all three worked. One simply avoids formatting the internal and another also removes another step that is not critical to the restore process.

It's a lot easier to grab the .XML files and mod the FXZ yourself - just be sure to mod a *copy* of hte FXZ so if it b0rks you still have the original.

@OP - FWIW, last week I FXZd to .902 (modified to prevent internal storage formatting) --> 905 (from the leaked version) and then went to .2233 - all was fine, but CPU remained at stock 1.0 GHz. I then FXZd (again using the modified XML) and took the 905 OTA official then updated to 2233. Still 1.0 GHz.

With this leak, I FXZd to stock including wiping internal storage, then took 905 OTA, then updated to .229. And I am still at 1.0 GHz.

At this point, it's either the 32 GB SDcard, or my phone is locked in some manner or fashion to prevent going above 1.0 GHz - and if it is I'm gonna raise hell with Motorola....

Thanks John "the Mighty". :p:D

I'll update the OP and refer them to Dfibs RSD lite thread. I wish I knew it worked before I wiped everything but I'm still enjoying these leaks. Just the improvement with 4G and wifi alone has me extremely happy.

Upvote 0
For sure. I made a manual backup of my internal storage this time and then selectively copied back what I actually needed - there was a lot of scum I was able to remove and now my internal storage has gobs of more space lol...

I'll check Dfib's post and see - if it links to different FXZ files, I can link the XML files for those who already have the stock FXZ so they can mod it themselves, saving DL time and BW....

Upvote 0
Yeah, I saw - I have the actual XML files from Timmy and eye_dea that do this....

However, for folks coming from stock .90x systems (GB based) it really is a good idea to wipe userdata and let the system reinstall the apps after updating to ICS - most of those apps won't really care, but a few here and there will definitely care, including some apps that are GB- only...

Truthfully, I recommend doing the full FXZ after making a manual backup of the internal storage to your computer - you'll find a few folders that move around / are unnecessary, and you can always copy things like pics / musc etc. Plus, on first run, after scanning both internal and external storage, you get a prompt allowing you to move much of your media to external storage for consolidation purposes.

Reactions: OutOfPhase
Upvote 0
Truthfully, I recommend doing the full FXZ after making a manual backup of the internal storage to your computer - you'll find a few folders that move around / are unnecessary, and you can always copy things like pics / musc etc. Plus, on first run, after scanning both internal and external storage, you get a prompt allowing you to move much of your media to external storage for consolidation purposes.

I agree with your recommendation.

Reactions: OutOfPhase
Upvote 0
I'm interested to find out if somebody who has/had 1.2 GHz on 2233 gets 1.2 GHz on 229.
Somebody please let me know...I don't want to lose it.

THX

I haven't seen any post on any forums where someone who had 1200Mhz going back down to 1000Mhz when they updated. I have seen a new theory going around and edited my original post in this thread,
I would be interested in knowing the size and class of peoples ext. SD cards and along with the clock speed everyone ends up with.

Upvote 0
I haven't seen any post on any forums where someone who had 1200Mhz going back down to 1000Mhz when they updated. I have seen a new theory going around and edited my original post in this thread,
I would be interested in knowing the size and class of peoples ext. SD cards and along with the clock speed everyone ends up with.

My SD-ext card says:
MicroSD HC
16GB
C16G Taiwan
A circle 4 on it I believe means Class 4

Btw, my phone is from the day Bionic was released.

And I am at 1200 Mhz

Hope that helps with data for your theory.

Upvote 0
My SD-ext card says:
MicroSD HC
16GB
C16G Taiwan
A circle 4 on it I believe means Class 4

Btw, my phone is from the day Bionic was released.

And I am at 1200 Mhz

Hope that helps with data for your theory.

It's not my theory, I saw something about it over at Droid Hive, but may try a redo with a smaller and slower SD card installed just to see, but I'm really beginning to doubt this has anything to do with it. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones