• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Facebook View not compatible with A13 Samsung

ruppley

Lurker
Mar 15, 2023
This app doesn't appear in the play store search, I tied downloading it from apkmirror. I allowed unknown apps to install, but it still says the app is not compatible with my advice. I tried deleting the cache, search history, and restarting the phone. Is there anything else to try? It is a fairly new phone, it seems unlikely this app would be incompatible. I'm in Australia, a site suggests it could be country locked.

It was developed by, Meta Platforms, Inc. Contacting them may be the best route to go if no one here has any suggestions. It seems strange that it doesn't work on a new phone.
Thanks, but Meta is impossible to contact. They have a bot to fob off any problems, that's it. Perhaps there is an Android developers forum.

Upvote 0
I can't tell from the reviews I've seen. I called Samsung support, none of their phones would load Facebook View either. Maybe yours would.

FWIW I have a Samsung Galaxy Note20 Ultra with Android 13, and Play Stores shows as compatible for all the FB apps, including Facebook View. The only thing i can thing of is that the A13 is an Android Go device, which may not be compatible. That's just a guess, as I've never seen this phone, and I don't use FB.

You're not in a country or region where FB is banned or blocked are you?

Upvote 0
I'd recommend sideloading the APK by downloading it from a website via your browser. I've had far too many instances where Play Store deems apps 'not compatible' but when I sideload them they work fine, and I've also had instances where Play Store allows an app to install that's clearly NOT compatible, and causes chaos.

It's one of the main reasons I don't use app stores anymore at all. Google still has yet to fix this 'bug'. The last false positive was a couple of years ago, I wanted to install Amazon Music to my Note II. Play Store is perfectly capable of allowing the 'last older version compatible' to work, as it can install an old version of TikTok for the same phone, but under the app listing for Amazon Music, it shows 'your device is no longer compatible with this app' and won't allow the thing to install. I was able to successfully sideload the APK and it worked fine, the Federation didn't collapse, and galaxies didn't explode. Google, fix your crap!

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
What part of Facebook view has made you so compelled to want to use it?
Just install a video / photo editor instead....
I have the rayban stories sunglasses. I don't think there is another way to get the images off them. Apparently it connects by bluetooth, but to download images it creates a temporary wireless connection to the glasses. I don't see why that would work with a Samsung Note and not these other Samsungs like my 8 edge and A13.

Upvote 0
I'd recommend sideloading the APK by downloading it from a website via your browser. I've had far too many instances where Play Store deems apps 'not compatible' but when I sideload them they work fine, and I've also had instances where Play Store allows an app to install that's clearly NOT compatible, and causes chaos.

It's one of the main reasons I don't use app stores anymore at all. Google still has yet to fix this 'bug'. The last false positive was a couple of years ago, I wanted to install Amazon Music to my Note II. Play Store is perfectly capable of allowing the 'last older version compatible' to work, as it can install an old version of TikTok for the same phone, but under the app listing for Amazon Music, it shows 'your device is no longer compatible with this app' and won't allow the thing to install. I was able to successfully sideload the APK and it worked fine, the Federation didn't collapse, and galaxies didn't explode. Google, fix your crap!

I tried that, I also went back later and tried downloading the older versions from apkmirror. Some also said the file wasn't recognized at all, on both of my Samsung phones. It's disturbing that this app didn't work even with the first version years ago. I suspect this is something to do with the newest Android 13. There should at least be a list of compatible phones, or Meta fixing this in their updates. They seem to put out a new version every few weeks so there is no excuse.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones