• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Failed Activation

UncleMike

Android Expert
Nov 15, 2009
Central NJ
I just wanted to pass along my experience with trying to (re)activate an OG Droid on Page Plus yesterday.

This phone was previously working on Page Plus until I did an ESN change about 1 month ago (the phone was stolen and subsequently recovered). Yesterday I tried activating the phone on a new number. The first activation attempt took way longer than normal, but eventually reported success. However, I was unable to make a test call. After dialing, the phone would give (usually 3) short rings, then 3 quick beeps, and hang up. Several more programming attempts reported success, but the problem remained. Manual programming also failed to correct the issue. At this point, Page Plus referred me to a dealer. I never contacted a dealer.

About 2 hours later I called to change ESN, hoping that would reset something. The problem persisted on the new phone. The customer service rep then tried an in-house test phone, and said that it worked. The rep then changed the ESN back to that of the OG Droid, and everything worked fine.

I'm hoping this information can help someone who may experience the same problem.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones