• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Favourite apps that run on the Note 8

InfernalByte

Android Expert
Oct 8, 2010
Puerto Pollo
Caffeinate is free in the app store, and a very useful little app that doesn't ask for a ton of permissions there is no possible reason for.

It appears in the drop down shade and one press keeps the screen on for the allotted time, say, 5 mins. One more press, 10, 15 and so on for up to 1 hour. What good about this is that it doesn't reset the global screen off setting, as soon as the screen shuts off whether it was automatic or a power button press, things are as they were prior to the app being started.

You can do the same thing with Bixby, except "turn the screen on for 10 minutes" will reset the auto screen off setting, so to get back to your regular setting you have to it again.

Notin.

A simple note taker that appears in the notification shade until you swipe it away.

SMS Back up.

Does what it says on the tin, I have mine automatically backing up to my Google account.

Keep. Google keep that is, stylus friendly and so much easier than Microsoft One note for keeping track of everything. One note is fully stylus friendly too but the Keep user interface is so much easier to use.

Reactions: psionandy

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones