• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

FB Reader: Reading books from Internal storage Help

Tan111

Lurker
Jan 9, 2012
Hello
I am using FBReader on a tablet using honeycomb (Android 3)
I have all my ebooks located in "Internal Storage" under a folder called "EBooks" on the tablet.
I cannot get FBReader to locate these EBooks. I cannot seem to put the correct file path in the Books Directory
I have tried the obvious: Internal Storage/EBooks and many other variations

I would prefer not to use an SD card for this as it takes about 20 mins to load everything from the SD card.

Any Help would be appreciated thankyou.

PS:Where can I locate a user guide to FB Reader?

You could try to open the eBooks with a file manager like EStrongs File Explorer.

EStrongs let me choose one of my eBook reader for to open the eBook.

Good ePub readers like Moon+ Reader or Aldiko or Mantano Reader have file explorers of their own to find eBooks on the phone's storage. They don't have to import eBooks - like FBReader - anymore.

But I don't have a phone with internal SD storage. And so I don't know if that eBook readers can find books at an internal SD storage. But you might try it ;) ... and let the forum know about the result :)

Harry

Upvote 0
Thanks for your replys. Nightangel 79 there is nowhere in the program that has like a user guide, only one page of "how to's". I cannot find the correct filepath from the internal storage to FB Reader, that is my problem. Apparently FB Reader will read from internal storage providing the file path is correct. I have read that. The obvious (file path) as stated in my original post is not working. There must be some trick in the way FB Reader (FBR) reads the file path. Please help, any ideas are appreciated.
NB: The reason I like FBR is because I have a LOT of ebooks and quite a few are series. This is the only reader I can find that puts the series books 1. in a series and 2. in order. I've tried the others. Also the bookshelf view is a pain with lots of books.

Upvote 0
Okay, I looked around a bit...

found this on a different forum
I think after you open a book from any folder, it remembers its location and is always available in your Library. I don't see the point then of having more than one standard folder.

and I looked on their site, they have some lousy documentation. It mentioned setting up custom key bindings and using personal network access (i'm guessing to download books from - like a personal library? don't know for sure..?)

I did see that they need to be in epub format, or fb2 (never heard of it - guessing it's proprietary) and it had light support for mobi (I believe).

I'd see if you can't put the ebook on your sd card (or where ever you save to) and see if you can use es file explorer or astro file manager to find the files and open it that way. According to that post I quoted, at that point the folder should be added to your apps collection.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones