• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

FBreader book cover size help

They seem to be included in the epub file. I can copy a cover, but not put it back.

The standard size would probably be in pixels. The covers seem to be jpgs. I had a bunch show up in Gallery on an Acer 100.

If the book was originally digitized to fit an early Kindle or Nook, the screens would probably not be as high res as your Toshiba, and probably not 10"

If you bought the book and illustrations are too small, ask the vendor/publisher.

I found an mp4 of an early video. It looked OK on the lower res 7" Coby, but blurrier on the higher res 7" Acer.

Upvote 0
I am using Calibre to input tags and also the book covers which I am obtaining from google images. I have tried small cover size (small resolution) right up to the biggest cover size (resolution) it doesnt seem to make any difference. Thanks for your reply though. Any other ideas to fix this problem? Maybe I just have to put up with a very grainy, pixely cover. I have many books and need to use FBreader because it puts books in series AND in order which is great!

Upvote 0
How are you getting the cover images?

You can only upsize A JPG so far. You might be able to try a program that "extrapolates". Photoshop does this and has quite a few settings to do it. There are other programs, think I saw some links to free ones. Gimp might do it and Gimp is free.

Extrapolate means that the software doesn't just stretch the pixels, but guesses what was in between the pixels that are there and tries to put them back.

Upvote 0
Hey I just fixed the problem!!! What I do is save the book cover image in the highest res I can find, (from Google images) then delete the old book cover in Calibre and insert the new image, then I do an epub to epub convert in calibre, then copy the calibre epub file to my tablet, open with estrong file manager so FBreader can recognise it (only need to do this once) and there is the ebook with the new cover that is clear and also fits the screen (thanks to the update of FBreader) Thanks zuben el genub for your replies!! Hope this can help others!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones