• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Firestick Screensaver

Navrig

Sep 5, 2009
I have recently moved to the Middle East and have a new TV (Samsung Smart TV) and my first Firestick (4k model bought 6 weeks ago). It has not been taken out of the Amazon app environment so I am only using the apps freely available on the Amazon store. I am using ExpressVPN.

The setup is great for getting me live and catchup TV from home as well as the usual Netflix/YouTube etc.

I discovered the screen saver facility and loaded a pile of photos to my Amazon account so I can see family and friends from home (I am batchelor status here). I love it.

The problem is that the screensaver only works for a certain short period of time before the screen blacks out. If I am listening to a radio app on the Firestick the radio continues after the screen blacks.

I've checked the TV and Firestick settings and cannot find a setting which creates a timeout.

I would like the the screensaver to continue for longer. If I use the Amazon photos app in slideshow mode I can't listen to the radio app at the same time.

Any idea why the screen is blacking out and what settings need changing?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones