• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Firestick storage

Sorry, no. I have this
cable.jpg

Upvote 0

Dannydet, you are correct. I was almost sure that at one point I had gotten the usb drive installed as internal storage​

and I installed X-plore to copy some files to the usb. I was able to copy the first one to the usb, but it had an error.Possibly human.
I followed a viseo called install your usb as Internal storage and looked at every pic the guy poster and when he was done, his usb was external.
So, he says go to settings,USB, Manage Apps and move the apps that are enabled for it to the usb. I don't have that in usb. Probably because none of my apps are movable.

Upvote 0
I really don't trust online videos to be 100% correct.
I've used a firestick for years but I never bothered with this type of setup because I have my PC setup as a media server, where I store my entire movie and music library that play on my TVs and mobile devices. You should look into that as an alternative. 4TB storage and I can always add more as needed.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones