• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Folder & Contents Disappear

Boomer

Apr 12, 2014
I have a ZTE Majesty. On my 8GB SD card I have a folder named MyApps. In it I put some apps that I want to have on hand and can install them if need be.
Well, this folder keeps disappearing. I use Clean Master.
Would that app thinks its junk and delete it? It shouldn't but I can't figure out why the folder is disappearing or when its disappearing.
I plug the phone into my computer and add an app to the folder. Then I unplug it. Now the folder is gone. Any ideas as to whats happening?

Also, I've had my phone for about 3 months. When I try to install an app its telling me I have no more room. It has 1GB inside and my card is 8GB's.
I don't have any games on my phone. I move every app I can to the SD card. I don't do much at all on my phone except call and text sometimes. Why have I run out of room already?

Thank you for any help you can give me.

1) NEVER run an app that removes apps from RAM. (Did I stress that enough?)

This is Android, not Windows. In Windows, you should keep as much free RAM as you can. In Android you should have as little free RAM as possible. Unused RAM is wasted RAM. Android has a very good RAM manager, that kills apps that shouldn't be running (for whatever reason, and there are a few).

So uninstall Clean Master, then see if the problem keeps occurring.

2) The card sounds counterfeit. Run SanDisk Memory Zone or put the card into a card reader, connect it to your computer and run h2testw to see what the actual size of the card is. (You could have a card with a 2GB memory chip and a controller programmed to say it's an 8GB card.)

Reactions: Boomer
Upvote 0
This is my 1st Android anything and Wow, I have never gotten any solid advice as to how to run Android until now. I will uninstall Clean Master.
As for the SD card, the phone came with a 4GB card and it is indeed real. As soon as I got the phone I thought I'd want more room so I installed a 32GB SD card. It was giving me fits so I took it out and put the 4GB back in. I've had both cards plugged into my laptop; reformated and checked both of them and they came out good to go each showing a little less GB's than stated.
I am now going to uninstall CleanMaster, put the folder back on my card and see what happens.
Thank you so much for your help. You are the first real help I have received.

1) NEVER run an app that removes apps from RAM. (Did I stress that enough?)

This is Android, not Windows. In Windows, you should keep as much free RAM as you can. In Android you should have as little free RAM as possible. Unused RAM is wasted RAM. Android has a very good RAM manager, that kills apps that shouldn't be running (for whatever reason, and there are a few).

So uninstall Clean Master, then see if the problem keeps occurring.

2) The card sounds counterfeit. Run SanDisk Memory Zone or put the card into a card reader, connect it to your computer and run h2testw to see what the actual size of the card is. (You could have a card with a 2GB memory chip and a controller programmed to say it's an 8GB card.)

Reactions: Maddie27 Peca
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones