• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

For anyone using a magnetic wireless charging car mount

ZepTepi

Android Enthusiast
Jan 30, 2011
San Diego, CA
A couple of questions for anyone using a magnetic wireless charging car mount. Have you found it to work well or not so much?

I've used multiple models of automatic gripping wireless chargers and have not had one last longer than 8-10 months before the automatic gripping mechanism began to fail and/or the wireless charging became unreliable. I tried a non-wireless charging magnetic mount recently and loved being able to just throw it(not literally) up there and not have to do anything else and just spin it if I want a different orientation. If I could combine that with reliable wireless charging that would be awesome!

Zep Tepi

I have tried three different car mounts, two that were also inductive charging ports. I've had zero luck with them standing up to the heat of the summer months. Albeit. all three attached to the auto with a suction cup sort of anchoring. They all failed due to the intense heat buildup in the idle vehicle. If I was to try another mount, I'd be buying one that clipped into an air vent or something similar. I never had an inductive charger fail. They failed at staying attached to the vehicle.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
You won't find a wireless charger that uses a magnetic plate to secure the phone. Wireless charging can't work if there is anything metallic between the back of the phone and the charging pad.
not true. iottie is the best brand for car mounts. they make a wireless magnetic charger. unfortunately i have only seen ones for vents. which will not work for my work van. and they do not make a car mount that will work with my z fold 3.

https://www.amazon.com/iOttie-Wireless-Magnetic-Compatible-Smartphones/dp/B07PV42CGH?th=1

i did try other mag mounts that was not wireless, and found them to suck badly with my current phone. i found a relatively cheap chinese mount that is a tablet car mount that works well for my phone. and when i need charging i can just plug in my car charger.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
Interesting, that may be the only one and it appears to be compromised because of the need to keep the coil area clear which limits the size of the magnets. Some of the reviews indicate problems with the phone not staying in place.
yeah that's the issue i have had with most magnetic car mounts. though the magnet is strong. keeping it in the correct position is the problem. you hit a bump and the phone becomes crooked. however, the other iottie mounts are great. they have lasted being in the car with triple digits temps and not melt or fall off. i used it religiously when i had the note 8 and note 10+

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones