• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Funny/Creative Video Clips

I too remember days like that. Then came T3 connections and now even that is slow.
My coolest friend had two phone lines and a pair of Diamond 56k (internal) modems that could be bonded, yielding 112k (theoretically). Definitely the fastest dial-up I ever saw.

He also had a Bernoulli drive (anyone remember those?) which offered removable storage in 5-1/4" cartridges, 20MB per IIRC.

Upvote 0
Memories abound there. That's when 16 megs of RAM was normal.
No, it was before that. Win 3.1 with 4 MB of RAM.
My PC had 640K running DOS 2.11 with dual 5-1/4 floppy drives. I loaded DOS into a RAM drive so I could use one floppy to run apps and the second for data…360kb of it. ;)

Upvote 0
My first machine was a 386SX/25 with 100MB hard disk and 4MB Ram. and a 3.5" and 5.25" Floppies.

And here I thought many others had started with a box the size of an end table with real-to-real storage using 16 meg ram to keep enough info handy to make the computer useful. Guess that was too early or much for some. At least I didn't have to use vacuum tubes. My first desk top was an Apple. Before Microsuck started.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones