• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Funny discussion going on at macrumors

I have been given infractions here for expressing my opinion. One opinion was considered an attack on another user. Another opinion was that the mod in question was biased based on a statement they previously made.
I was told I could've received another infraction for expressing the opinion that the mod was biased.

So the safer thing to say would be "People get banned here for infractions of our rules which are subject to the moderators opinion."

Refer then to this comment:

EarlyMon said:
Remember, you can convert an opinion into an onion by subtracting 3.1415926535 - please make a note of it.

~~~~~~~

If anyone has any questions or concerns about being banned for adding pi to an onion, feel free to let us know.

Reactions: MoodyBlues
Upvote 0
I have been given infractions here for expressing my opinion. One opinion was considered an attack on another user. Another opinion was that the mod in question was biased based on a statement they previously made.
I was told I could've received another infraction for expressing the opinion that the mod was biased.

So the safer thing to say would be "People get banned here for infractions of our rules which are subject to the moderators opinion."

That was from a few years ago and I wasn't involved in issuing those.

But a quick look suggests that the first one I saw may have been a bit much on our side.

I'm going to reverse that one post haste and apologize for it, sincerely, here and now.

Phases philosophy is simple - members come first, not mods.

If anyone here believes that they've been wronged by mod staff, please drop a line to Phases or myself for escalation.

You may also ask the mod in question to escalate for you and it will be done.

If you would like to chat with a mod or mods where everything can be seen only by other mods and admin, please freely use our Private Chat with Mods forum -

http://androidforums.com/private-chat-moderators/

You're free to say or question anything we do there, and short of making criminal threats (we get all kinds), NO penalties or prejudices will be levied against you for anything you say there.

Pool shark, I'm away from my desk where I can go into more detail. You'll be hearing from me privately as soon as I am able and you're free to drop me a line beforehand or at any time, my door is always open. I haven't looked at both yet.

We're not perfect, and we rely on our own checks and balances when we screw up.

Which happens, I've done it.

So again on behalf of staff and the forums, I apologize. :eek:

PS - one of the readers here, not pool shark, has misrepresented publicly what they were infracted for and got sympathy in the process.

You know who you are, please don't try it again.

Upvote 0
That was from a few years ago and I wasn't involved in issuing those.

But a quick look suggests that the first one I saw may have been a bit much on our side.

I'm going to reverse that one post haste and apologize for it, sincerely, here and now.

Phases philosophy is simple - members come first, not mods.

If anyone here believes that they've been wronged by mod staff, please drop a line to Phases or myself for escalation.

You may also ask the mod in question to escalate for you and it will be done.

If you would like to chat with a mod or mods where everything can be seen only by other mods and admin, please freely use our Private Chat with Mods forum -

http://androidforums.com/private-chat-moderators/

You're free to say or question anything we do there, and short of making criminal threats (we get all kinds), NO penalties or prejudices will be levied against you for anything you say there.

Pool shark, I'm away from my desk where I can go into more detail. You'll be hearing from me privately as soon as I am able and you're free to drop me a line beforehand or at any time, my door is always open. I haven't looked at both yet.

We're not perfect, and we rely on our own checks and balances when we screw up.

Which happens, I've done it.

So again on behalf of staff and the forums, I apologize. :eek:

PS - one of the readers here, not pool shark, has misrepresented publicly what they were infracted for and got sympathy in the process.

You know who you are, please don't try it again.

Wow. How very unexpected and appreciated.

Upvote 0
Remember, you can convert an opinion into an onion by subtracting 3.1415926535 - please make a note of it.

~~~~~~~

If anyone has any questions or concerns about being banned for adding pi to an onion, feel free to let us know.

I'm afraid your math is wrong. :alberteinstein:

opinion - pi =/= onion

opinion / pi = onion x (pi / pi) = onion x 1 = onion.

You don't subtract pi from opinion. You have to divide opinion by pi to get onion.

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
If the o is commutative then you may be right.

In fact, this illustrates the problem -

Chicken_or_Egg_pie_chart.png

As you can see, that's a pi chart of opinions on a highly charged topic.

So what are we sure of?

Opinions contain pi.

Opinions can be shown with pi charts.

Why can opinions be shown that way?

I found the answer here, proving that pi charts are the most popular.

700.hq.jpg

My source on that?

The Onion.

Coincidence?

I think not!

Upvote 0

I'm going to start threatening myself to see if any infractions come down. Then again I'll probably start the post, get distracted by a cat and forget about it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones