• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

The Epic Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release Thread could be published as an ebook... there's so much hilarity in it; euphoric highs, manic lows, and more posts of "that's what SHE said!" than we care to count...

I know, right? Do you remember when I happened upon a pre-debut showing of the Gnex in NYC? I just happened to be there in NYC when I get the PM that it was and I went with my friend. Also, do you remember that the folks contributed and bought me my gnex? My daughter reminded me of that this past Sunday. Thank you everybody again! Those were the day, yes?

Reactions: IHateMyTreo
Upvote 0
While some of us go WAY back on AF, predating even the G'Nex (I've been here since the OG Droid in 2009), it has been a gift to share the journey with great people like you. Thanks for the great times, even with bad news about our beloved tech.

The Darling Bride and I hope you have a reasonably pleasant (but politically nondescript) Winter Solsti-Christma-Kwaanz-Ukkah!

That covers them all, I think...

:D

But from me, I wish you a wonderful Christmas and a blessed, prosperous 2022!

Upvote 0
Happy Pi Day! It's 3/14 - the date we celebrate the math concept of ℼ

ℼ represents the constant ratio of any circle's circumference (distance all the way around) to its diameter (distance across the center). This ratio works for circles of any size. Diameter times 3.14 equals circumference.

Since circles are round, however, there is no way to calculate a finite number for ℼ - in fact, most people stop at 3.14159, although ℼ has been calculated out beyond the TRILLIONTH decimal place... and it just keeps going!

Celebrate today with a slice of your favorite ℼ

Pi.jpg

Upvote 0
I remember getting my nexus 4 after my galaxy S3 malfunction and there were no replacements available. The first nexus 4 wouldn't turn on, but the second one:eek::thumbsupdroid: I remember it turning on going through the whole start up and finding there was really nothing on it, my first taste of pure android.
The Google Nexus 6 will always be my favorite phone.

Reactions: Unforgiven
Upvote 0
My OG Droid Incredible for me, first Android phone and boy was I impressed.
I traded in my Incredible like a month later for the Droid X. It was a solid phone for connectivity. I have never had a phone that got as good service as the Droid X. I could get service by the freezer sections of the supermarket. I've never gotten that kind of service since.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones